In a fast-moving world like ours, New Zealand is a very calm and peaceful place in itself. However, it has its charm and beauty, which makes it such a beautiful place to travel. It is not hard to travel to New Zealand, especially if you have good communication skills. Moreover, new Zealand is a beautiful country for immigrants if you plan to visit or settle there for work or study.
If you wish to visit New Zealand for a holiday, you can stay here for a maximum of nine months on a visitor visa.
If you wish to apply for a visa to New Zealand, you should have a job offer.
What is a New Zealand PR Visa?
The PR visa allows you to enjoy all the rights as a New Zealand citizen. You should have a resident visa for two years straight without disruption to get a New Zealand PR visa. It allows you to settle in, live, work, and study, provided you have the required work experience, age, and school/college degree (educational qualification).
Benefits of New Zealand PR Visa
New Zealand offers a handful of reasons for you to move in; here are a few of them:
- Healthcare: New Zealand provides its residents access to the healthcare sector for both private and public systems.
- Education: Provides access for you to one of the best education systems in the world, from kinder garden to higher education and colleges.
- Family: Sponsor your family to apply for a permanent PR provided they meet the procedural requirements.
- After becoming a resident of the country, you can re-enter the country several times permanently.
- You can stay in the country indefinitely and freely as a citizen of the country.
Requirements of New Zealand PR Visa:
- Good communication skills and fluency in English language
- Should be under 55 years of age (when applying for it)
- Should be healthy without any medical issues
- Should have a good character considerably no criminal background or negative records.
- Have a solid reason to be a part of the country and can prove it whenever and wherever required
How to apply for New Zealand PR Visa as an Indian?
- Skilled Migrant Category (SMC): Under the Skilled Migrant Category, the candidate must go through a point-based system and score minimum points per the set criteria to secure a New Zealand PR visa. The SMC category allows you to live permanently in New Zealand.
Candidates can apply for the SMC by submitting an EOI (Expression of Interest) online and mentioning all the essential details like age, qualifications, etc.
As soon as your scores are out and you have scored decently well, your EOI gets accepted, and you will get the Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the visa in New Zealand.
- Business Category: Business Category Visa is for people interested in starting up a business in New Zealand. Business Visa candidates should be ready to invest in the country and contribute to the country’s growth and capital.Business Category Visa includes the Investor Category and Entrepreneur Category.
- Investors Category Visa: The investor category is for those interested in starting a new life in New Zealand and living here to add to New Zealand’s business and economy.
Entrepreneur Category Visa: The entrepreneur Category is for those who have an entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to start their own business in New Zealand.
- Family Category Visa: Family Category visa is for those candidates who have family members in New Zealand. The family category visa gives the authority to the family member residing in New Zealand to sponsor their relative and come and live in New Zealand as a permanent resident.
Processing Time for New Zealand Visa
The New Zealand Visa processing fee may vary based on different factors. For example, sometimes, the embassy takes a longer duration to process the visa based on their applications. However, on average, the processing of the New Zealand Visa takes approximately 10-15 days.